Sat, Nov. 18, 2023 — Noon to 10:00 PM
Houston Water Works, 105 Sabine, Houston, TX 77007
I want to participate, what must I do?
The vendor application online form is available on the event listing under the ‘Schedule’ page on this website. By completing the online form, you agree that you have read and agree to the information provided below.
A printable PDF version of the application is also available and is linked in the event listing.
TO PAY FOR THIS MARKET, after submitting your online application you will be redirected to the online payment portal where you can pay via credit card securely. You can also pay with a cash or a money order, Zelle or PayPal.
To pay additional fees, please visit https://www.ewmediagroup.com/Payments
NOTE: The form you fill out there to use your credit card is not the application.
TO SUBMIT THE PDF APPLICATION, you can
- Scan & email it to email@example.com;
- FAX it to me toll-free at 866-875-8960 – no cover page needed;
- Snail-mail it to me. EWMedia, 6606 FM 1488, #148-116, Magnolia, TX 77354.
If you do snail mail it to me please call me and let me know.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
The website will send you a receipt immediately upon payment. We will send you
another receipt before the Market to make sure we are on the same page as far as
what you are ordering and what you have paid.
On the Thursday morning before the Festival, I will email you load-in information.
Although there is general load-in information in the vendor packet, this information is
superseded by the load-in information you get the week of the Festival.
TEMP HELP FOR LOAD-IN is available for hire. Must be arranged in advance.
We would appreciate you sharing any Festival publicity you receive with your own
mailing list. Please call or email if you have questions.
- CONFIRMATION & BOOTH ASSIGNMENT: Booth space (No tents provided) is limited and
vendors are selected on first-come/first-serve basis. Required: Weights for your tent. Acceptance
and booth location are determined by the date application & full payment are postmarked. We will send a
payment receipt immediately & a Load-In Information Packet approximately 3-days before the Festival.
- BOOTH SPACE: White tents are required Spaces are 10’x10’ or 10’x20’ (see #24 for larger sizes). For
an additional fee, you may be able to rent 5 feet of space external to your booth, allowing you to sell out of
2 sides of your booth. See the 10’x15’ column on the Rental Fee chart on page 1 of this application.
- FIRST-RIGHT-OF-REFUSAL: If you work one of our festival’s, we will make every attempt (this is
not a guarantee), to give you first-right-of-refusal for the next year’s festival as long as you pay for your
booth by the first-right-of-refusal cut-off date, your spot cannot be taken by another vendor.
- SALES / SUBLEASING: Sales must take place within your booth space. No subleasing of booths allowed.
Festival only provides the space; Vendors must provide their own booths,white tents, tables, chairs, etc.
- EQUIPMENT RENTAL: Festival does not rent equipment. For referrals, contact us.
- EXCLUSIVITY – Types of merchandise sold must be included in application and approved by festival.
For an exclusive on any product call 832-413-2217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- LATE FEES – Applications paid after 11/4/2023 incur a $25 late fee.
- JURIED ARTS & CRAFTS – Pre-approval required. Please find information/requirements at
https://ewmediagroup.com/juried-arts-crafts-program/ Pre-Approval is required to apply.
- PROPANE / Propane can be used. Requires an initial $280 payment. Propane cost to Festival is split
among the vendors using it. If your share is more or less than $280, you will be notified and refunded or
charged the difference before the Festival. If you owe additional funds, you must pay prior to being able
to set up at the Festival.
- ELECTRICITY / GENERATORS: The Festival does not provide electricity. Traditional generators are
not allowed unless you have an inverter type of generator such as a Whisper-Quiet or Honda Silent
Generator. Sound Boxes may also be allowed. Pre-approval is required – Contact us.
- FOOD VENDORS: Vendors may sell 3 pre-approved items, No Beverages. Food Vendors must have
a Temporary Health Permit – purchase 1 more than 1 week before festival to avoid late fee – City of
Houston Health Dept., 8000 N. Stadium Dr., Houston, 77054; 832-393-5100 or Mon – Fri, 8 AM –3 PM.
Application: https://www.houstonconsumer.org/documents-forms – under “Title” type “Temporary” and
click on the result. Propane is allowed. Charcoal / Wood are NOT. All Food Vendors must have
flooring in this venue. You must have a Fire Extinguisher (Rated 2-A, 10-B:C or better or Rated K.
if you cook in oil) with current inspection sticker Fire Marshal will inspect booths.
- REQUIRED FOOD VENDOR INSURANCE: deadline: 11/1/23. Failure to submit by 11/1/23
will cancel your reservation. We require that you have a $1 million per occurrence, $2 million aggregate
liability policy IMPORTANT: The COI you submit before 11/1/23 must name Houston Margarita
Festival, EWMedia, the Houston Water Works and the City of Houston as Additional Insured.
Contact us for assistance.
- WASTE DISPOSAL: it is responsibility of each vendor to keep the booth and the surrounding area clean.
Vendors must provide their own garbage receptacles and garbage bags. Double-bag food waste. Used oil &
grey water are vendor responsibilities. Vendors failing to abide by waste guidelines may lose their deposit.
- EVENT DAY SETUP: Vendors will not set up until fees are paid. Bring your receipt as only paid
vendors will be allowed into the unloading area. Vendors who have not pre-applied and paid are not
guaranteed space. Vendor Check-in will begin the morning of Sat, Nov. 18, 2023. You will be assigned to
one of 6 load-in times. The Day-of Information Packet you receive Thursday morning before the Festival
will give you specific instructions and override information contained here. You will not be able to drive
up to your booth, Bring a cart / dolly as you will have to go up a ramp to reach your booth. Tents: Tent
weights are required but no staking of any kind is allowed. Vehicles: Not allowed on festival grounds.
Vendors requiring restocking of supplies may re-enter the festival with a dolly. Parking: Extensive
Surface parking is available in lots close to the festival site. For more information, see Day-Of Info
Packet. Business Hours: You must be ready for business by 11AM Sat. Tear Down may not begin until
10PM. No early load-out.
- BEVERAGE SALES: The Festival sells all beverages at the Festival. Vendors may not sell beverages.
- PROHIBITED: Vendors may not sell drug paraphernalia, guns & weapons or fireworks.
- SALES TAX: You must comply with city and state sales tax guidelines. The Texas Sales Tax Info Line
is: 800-252-5555 Free publication that will answer your questions: Fairs, Festivals, Markets & Shows:
- ONLY ITEMS listed in your vendor application and approved by the festival may be sold.
- SECURITY: The site is fenced & the Festival has security. Vendors are solely responsible for the security
of their cash, coupons, equipment, goods, inventory, supplies or any other property.
- FESTIVAL GUIDELINES will be strictly monitored. If violations occur, two warnings will be issued.
Additional violations will result in removal from the Festival site by Police without refund.
- SOUND LEVELS: Vendors may not play their own music at this event.
- ACTS OF GOD: The festival producers, promoters, sponsors, staff/employees, volunteers, etc. are in
no way responsible or liable for personal adversity or acts of God.
- CANCELLATION: Vendors who cancel 60 or more days before the Festival will receive a full refund.
less credit card fees. Vendors who cancel 59 days or less will pay a $25 fee plus credit card fees.
- RAIN OUT POLICY: If a date is cancelled due to rain, technical problems or any other act of God
beyond the control of the festival the following shall apply: If a rain date for the Festival is scheduled,
Vendor may set up and the basic booth fee only will be waived. Other fees will still apply.
- OVERSIZE COMMERCIAL – Booths with an internal volume greater than 10’ x 20’ shall include a
5 foot external to tent perimeter on the 2 sides adjacent to the front of the booth. Pricing: (tent not
provided) Tents larger than 1200 sq. ft. require permits, the presence of a Fire Marshal, fire extinguishers
& signage. Contact email@example.com for assistance, permits, pricing and sourcing of these tents.
- LODGING: Festival vendors, employees, contractors & attendees seeking discounted rates at local
hotels / motels can contact Dee at Deech Global Travel @ 225-747-0057 firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: To get these discounts, you must go through the agency; they are not available if you contact
the hotel / motel directly. We work with Dee on all of our festivals.
HOUSTON WATER WORKS VENDOR RULES AGREEMENT
- Smoking is prohibited in all Buffalo Bayou Park areas.
- The use of confetti, glitter, fake flower petals, birdseed, silly string or balloon releases is prohibited.
- Staking of any kind is not allowed.
- Attaching, affixing or applying anything to the exterior or interior of any park property is prohibited.
o Tape, nails, or staples must not be used on anything within the park, including trees.
o Tying or attaching anything to trees, fences, benches, tables, etc. must not be done.
- Installation and location of banners must be approved by BBP prior to installation. No banners may be hung on
the Wortham Insurance Terrace railing.
- Large event tents may not exceed an 80-foot span. All tents larger than 40 feet in any dimension must be
approved by BBP.
- All tents on the lawn must have approved weights. If flooring will be used, flooring must be
approved by BBP and should not be in place for more than 72 hours.
- Event structures may not block public emergency or ADA access.
- All large (anything that can’t be hand-carried) structures must be approved by BBP.
- Vehicles may access the Event Venue only from the loading ramp located north of the Hobby Family Pavilion.
- Vehicles more than 4,000 pounds must remain on the loading ramp and not Park or drive on the Cistern roof.
- If approved by BBP, gators or small forklifts may be used for event Load-in and Load-out. For this equipment to
be used on the lawn, a protective road must be constructed. Protective floor covering must be approved by BBP. HOUSTON WATER WORKS VENDOR RULES AGREEMENT
- All protective roads and access points must be promptly removed after Load-in and Load-out.
- Unless approved by BBP, food may not be prepared on the lawn/decomposed granite surfaces.
- All grease and oil must be disposed of in an approved container located on a paved, non-porous surface and
removed from the Park at the conclusion of the event.
- Charcoal or wood burning barbeque grills are prohibited in the Park.
- No open flame – except for propane cooking equipment.
- Food preparations must include a protective surface of a full sheet of ¾ inch plywood for the grounds. Industrial
coolers, food/beverage storage, ice machines and all similar items must be elevated.
- Grey water must be disposed of in approved container and removed from the Park at the conclusion of the event.
- Pyrotechnics are prohibited in the Park.
- Any fencing in the Entry Court area must allow access to the Visitor Center, Cistern, bike rentals and restrooms.
- All Load-in times must begin no earlier than 7 a.m., and all Load-out times must end no later than 12 a.m. A
- Load-in or Load-out outside of these times may incur an additional day’s Load-in/Load-out fee.
- Additional rules and regulations as outlined by BBP and/or the City of Houston.
Failure to adhere to any of the listed rules may result in fines up to $1,000 each occurrence and/or
cancellation of the event
I have read and understand the rules of Buffalo Bayou Park